- They paid disputes, intra origin disputes and conflicts anywhere between natal communities and you may communities in the that they had been hitched.
- They did rites, traditions, and you will sacrifices towards the people, like the last absolution rites for new brides. On the day involved, the newest bride to be-to-become perform acknowledge all of the her completely wrong doings to the otu umuada who would after that purify their own.
- The fresh otu umuada along with did filtration traditions for descent households and you can other areas that have been sensed polluted, and so the gods otherwise goddesses would not leash out the wrath into someone, but instead, provide them with good health, bounty and you may offspring.
- The fresh new otu umuada heard confessions away from adulterous wives and did purification traditions in their mind.
She is the brand new wife who was married longest in the community
The chief, anasi, is the most older partner in the neighborhood. The new anasi are the brand new typical by which the women you’ll voice their issues and you can include the passion just like the spouses, moms and dads, farmers, and you can traders.
- They assisted origin spouses in a situation away from be concerned and issues.
- They read and you will pronounced punishments for the instances connected with husbands whom abused their wives.
- They made sure that town weight and you will market place try clean.
- They produced behavior between your planting and you can picking from plants.
- It took proper care of dogs which had missing its vegetation.
Periodically from the lifetime of the community, the latest otu umuada and you can otu inyomdi emerged with her as ladies’ installation to discuss issues that impacted him or her because the women in the new people.
She made certain industry taboos was in fact seen, and you will detained wrongdoers and brought him or her before the omu courtroom
Many years grades was categories of women out-of exact same ages, who showed up together to provide bonuses on ambition and you can perseverance. It did religious, public and you can political attributes from inside the society; given degree to own young people in-group existence; and you will provided avenues to own socialization and companionship which have been quite beneficial and integrative activities from inside the society. Within the Igboland, solitary lineage daughters molded on their own with the individuals ogbo connections. Among them are the okpo ntu and their obligations integrated clean up and you may keeping the fresh new village latrines and you can scrap dumps; doing communal work attributes particularly household building and relevant tasks; and you will, organizing by themselves to the dance groups, hence offered online forums where girls you may generate strong and you will long-term matchmaking with other girls regarding category.
For the Igboland standing are attained, maybe not ascribed and an excellent female’s status was determined by her very own success, maybe not the ones from their unique spouse. Igbo feminine you will definitely improve their social standing by using titles. These titles integrated the fresh ikenga, inachi and you will inwene. Titled female was basically accorded lots of value and people who shown management capabilities you will definitely commonly keep political office.
New omu along with her cupboard away from called women councilors, ilogu, had been faced with retain the feminine area of the people. The marketplace set is the fresh Igbo woman’s domain name. It absolutely was kept most of the four months. The latest omu and her cupboard oversaw the market industry and you can outlined their rules. The omu along with her pantry fixed the prices out of business merchandise and you may defined market restrictions. It acted as the a courtroom regarding judging from cases and you will persecuting off incorrect doers. The latest omu appointed an authorities lady called the awo. New awo adopted the new fixed rate regulations regarding the avenues. Business taboos incorporated, zero attacking in the business, palm establish shouldn’t to appear into the bunches, however, split up very first; and you will ultimately, peppers can be boiled earliest ahead of on https://kissbrides.com/de/oesterreicherinnen/ the market.
Throughout the precolonial day and age, West African women gained with her so you’re able to vocalize their feelings on situations you to definitely impacted them. Such fulfilling factor and additionally served due to the fact support companies that women you certainly will rely on so you can specific discipline away from unpleasant men.